Thursday, February 18, 2010

Time to go...



"Preparing for a vacation is seldom easy. There are about 100 million things
to remember - add a 5 year old, and plan to go somewhere you've never been (so
you don't really know what to pack), and there can be a great deal of stress in the preparation.

One of the biggest problems however, is ME. Because while I am packing and prepping for a vacation, I am already there. I think at some point in my life I did live in the moment. But today I live in the future. And I don't like it. Because in my
future I am already back from vacation and back at the job I don't like, and
back failing at another goal."


Just a minute... was that really ME? Yep, while cruising through the list of unposted entries that sometimes queue up, I came across this most depressing whine. How on earth does one live like that? When (in reality) I have everything I could ever desire. My husband, son, life, love, faith... this entry surely must have been lurking in the shadows all these many months for a reason. Things get lost in cyberspace all the time - but not this depressing piece of drivel. Find the lesson... what does it mean... ??


I've GOT it! How about just this: "Quicherbichin!"


Yep, that's probably it.


A few months (and a different job) later, I wonder how, looking forward to a vacation could have made me so awfully depressed. Luckily, it didn't last!



No comments:

Post a Comment