Monday, April 20, 2009

How did I get here?

So here I am... fabulous working mom. MBA, corner office - fancy title - - would trade it all to be one of the ones I see walking by my office pulling their kids in the wagon.

Even now, he's older. Not quite 5. I have a year before he's off to school full time, and I see that as the most important year. Imagine what I could do with him in a year. The walks we could take, the concerts and museums (you have to know this kid).

He has been pestering me to go see the Edvard Munch exhibit at the Art Institute of Chicago. Of course - Munch - when the current position has me surrounded by Norwegians - - I try to avoid all things Nordic on my days off... but no - not my kid. Munch - and Griegg. All about the wedding day at Troll House. What's up with the Trolls?

Anyway - I started out just like anyone else - HS, then College - got a job - then married... a few years later a baby. I had no idea I was going to be one of "those" women who wanted only to be a mom. But there are surpirses in store for us in this life, aren't there?

So, I guess "How did I get here?" isn't the right question at all. Rather: Why on earth am I still here, and where to I go now?

No comments:

Post a Comment